In this two-year anniversary episode, we revisit what it is like to travel to China during the pandemic, having also focussed on this topic in the inaugural China Dispatches episode in September 2020. Hear from European Chamber insiders, States’ Representative Peter Ling-Vannerus, and staff members Robbie Jarvis, policy and communications manager, and Charlotte Svensson, policy and communications coordinator, as they discuss their individual experiences and the challenges they faced when trying to come or return to China in the past few weeks. Before the discussion begins, our host Gao Rui, senior marketing manager at the European Chamber, recaps the latest updates to Chinese policies relating to travelling to China from Europe. Robbie also gives a preview of the Chamber’s European Business in China Position Paper 2022/2023, which will be launched on 21st September.
What to listen for:
- 1:58 Latest updates to Chinese policies on travelling to China from Europe
- 4:22 Navigating the requirements for obtaining a work visa for China during the pandemic
- 7:32 Preparation for and experience of taking a China-Europe roundtrip
- 24:27 What happened after landing in China, both at the airport and in the quarantine hotel.
- 37:29 Preview of the soon-to-be launched European Business in China Position Paper 2022/2023.
- European Business in China Position Paper 2022/2023 launch on 21st September: https://www.europeanchamber.com.cn/en/upcoming-events/22653
- European Business in China Position Paper 2022/2023 download (available after 8:40am on 21st September):