In this episode, we sit down with Jörg Wuttke, president of the European Chamber, Caroline Chen, chair of the Information and Communication Technology Working Group, and Xu Zhonghua, chair of the Energy Working Group, to look at the recently released European Business in China Position Paper 2021/2022 – the Chamber’s annual flagship report, and discuss the potential impact of China’s 14th Five-year Plan on European businesses.
What to listen for:
- Introduction and key message of Executive Position Paper 2021/2022 – 0:45
- Potential impact of China’s self-reliance tendency for European companies in general and in energy and ICT industries – 3:30
- Based on China’s 14FYP, what are potential opportunities and risks for European companies in the coming years, especially in terms of environment and technology localisation? – 11:20
- EU’s role in the China-EU-US relationship – 23:20
- Key advice for European companies to invest and expand in China – 25:40
If you would like to download the position paper, please click here.